E C Birch Proprietary Limited (ACN 004 319 340)(“Birch”) is a privately owned Australian company with operations in all States of Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Birch takes its obligations to protect personal information seriously.
We are bound by, and will abide by the principles in the:
- Privacy Act 1988 (Australia);
- Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand); and
- Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (Singapore).
As an organisation offering a wide range of products and services, we collect and hold a range of information from and about people (particularly people who purchase our products or use our services or express an interest in them).
In the process of conducting our business, we are likely to collect a broad range of information about our customers, prospective customers, contractors, suppliers, agents, service providers and the people who run the businesses we deal with. This information can include such things as contact details, financial information and supporting documentation (including credit history details), identification information, transaction history information, banking details and personal references. In order to satisfy our legal obligations we may need to retain that information even after a transaction has come to an end.
Wherever it is possible and practical to do so, we collect personal information directly from the person concerned. For example, we may collect personal information from you directly in a variety of ways, including when a person:
- contacts us directly in person or by telephone, email, fax, letter or online;
- gives or sends us a completed form (such as an application form or submitting information via the internet;
- registers with our website;
- subscribes to marketing and sales material or communications; or
- visits or uses our website.
There may be occasions, however, where we need to collect personal information for a particular purpose from a third party. This might include personal information from:
- an independent third party;
- any related entities, business or commercial partners, credit reporting bodies, wholesale or other customers, or your representatives; or
- publicly available sources of information.
We collect this information in order to undertake and complete the many transactions we have with our customers, suppliers, and other parties with whom we do business, to administer some of the services we provide and to maintain the bus