Spooky Halloween Projects
Watch out folks - Halloween is fast approaching! It’s time to start preparing for your very own Spooktober-fest! Don’t worry, we are here help with some quick and easy ideas using the Brother ScanNCut SDX1200 machine. There’s a Skeleton Costume idea, a Haunted House Mystery Box and some Monster Candy Sleeves that will help you create spine tingling shivers while partying, trick or treating and gifting. Get a grim ghoulish group together and start creating them soon!
Note: To obtain templates you will need to create a log in for your ScanNCut with the Canvas Workspace: https://canvasworkspace.brother.com/en
Monster Candy Sleeves
Here’s an awesome cut and stick project to make your own colourful Vampire, Frankenstein and One – eyed Ogre candy or goodie bags. They are perfect for trick and treating and gifting throughout the Halloween season. Simply choose your colours, paper stock and prepare cut outs with your Brother machine. With a little bit of folding and gluing you will soon have a small army of monster critters to help you add some spooky fun to your Halloween adventures. We just love how scary and cute these folk are!
Halloween Haunted House Mystery Box
What better way to decorate or add spine-chilling fun to your Halloween party than create your own Halloween Mystery Box? It’s a simple project to utilize cutting, folding and sticking techniques to make all the components (including the box). This project uses the Brother universal pen holder attachment, several kinds of paper stock, fine tip silver pens, silver ink, a sponge brush, glue or double-sided tape. Create colour highlights with spooky oranges and ghostly purples. By following the instructions you will soon have your very own haunted house complete with eerie trees, awesome coffins, creepy bats and wicked pumpkins. You can decorate further by adding spiders, webs or candles to complete a whole spooky scene!
Halloween Skeleton Costume
Looking for a simple Halloween outfit? If you’re looking for an easy Halloween costume idea you won’t be able to resist converting an existing black sweat suit into something that’s a bit more Spook-tacular! Simply prepare the white and contrast coloured transfer sheet cut outs with your brother machine and iron them on. (Remember to take care to have adhesive the right way up and to follow instructions for temperature settings and ironing time.) For extra scary fun you could also try adding paints or extra trims that are glow in the dark, fluro, glittery or sparkly to your costume!
- Beutron Fashion Pins – “Grit” (SKU: 220576)
- Plaid Folk Art Neons Acrylic Paint (SKU: 900006)
- Plaid Fabric Creations “Fantasy Glitter” Fabric Paint (SKU: 900175)
- Plaid Folk Art Glitterific Fabric Paint (SKU: 900176)
- Plaid “Glow Away” Glow in the Dark Gel (SKU: 905042)
- Plaid “Extreme Glitter” Halloween Unit (SKU: 900065)
- Jesse James “Monster” Novelty Buttons: (SKU: 787117-7671)
- Beutron Monster Iron on Patches - Cyclops (SKU: BM6384) or Spotted Monster (SKU: BM6385)
- Glue Guns - Mini (SKU: 022150) Multi Purpose (SKU: 022146) Low Temp (SKU: 022149) High Temp (SKU: 022147)
- Birch PVA Craft Glue (SKU: 048202)
- Birch Fabric Glue Stick (SKU: 012168)
- Birch No Sew Fabric Glue (SKU: 048253)
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (SKU: 068026)
- Point Glue Pen (SKU: 012101)
- Craftsmart Ultra Craft Gloo (SKU: 048070)